Category Theory CG? was: Algebraic Property Graphs and RDF

Hi all,

    we have been discussing the possibility of opening a
Category Theory community group, which would allow people
interested in CT to have a space to talk about how it
applies to web standards, from RDF, SPARQL, Property Graphs,
etc... all the way to HTTP. This could attract mathematicians
and allow them to see which other groups could be helped
from some theoretical input, write up a wiki of concepts
and papers that are related, and a lot more….

Feedback welcome :-)

> On 23 Sep 2019, at 15:08, ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program <metadataportals@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Good. Finally we are starting to see the light. But an even more generalized model is possible, because the essence here is representing data, whereas there are two more levels, i.e. information and knowledge. And both can also be captured using category theory and formal algebra, but with a twist.

Yes, I agree. Knowledge involves modal concepts (at least Nozick’s definition
in Philosophical Explanations gave some very good reason to believe so).

I recently discovered that an introductory book on Modal HoTT (for philosophers)
was to come out soon. In the already published chapter 4 is written there that

"The slogan here is that, where HoTT itself is the internal language of (∞,1)-toposes, modal HoTT is the internal language for collections of (∞,1)-toposes related by geometric morphisms”

This brings a whole new level of mathematical clarity to the subject.
I wrote up a blog post to help me read that article with pointers to articles
and research here:

”Modal HoTT on the Web"
https://medium.com/@bblfish/modal-hott-on-the-web-2f4f7996b41f

Henry