Re: domain change to w3.org?

Paola,

as Antoine noted, and I am just reinforcing this: the 'core' domain name has always been w3.org <http://w3.org/>. The specification has always been https://www.w3.org/TR/* <https://www.w3.org/TR/*>, the RDF namespace has always been our beloved http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>, etc. 'w3c.org <http://w3c.org/>' is registered to W3C for obvious defensive reasons and http://www.w3c.org <http://www.w3c.org/> is simply redirected to http://www.w3.org <http://www.w3.org/>. The only 'organizational' change in recent years has been the move towards 'https' away from 'http' (although the various RDF vocabulary URL-s have not changed).

On the other issue: I am not sure what it means when you say 'I have been trying to propose AIKR CG meeting at TPAC'. I have contacted our meeting planners, but it would help if you told me what steps you undertook (not necessarily on a public mail because I doubt these days are interested to the participants of the list).

Sincerely

Ivan

> On 22 May 2019, at 10:14, Paola Di Maio <paoladimaio10@gmail.com <mailto:paoladimaio10@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Ah,  thanks, Antoine and WW
>
> I must have only noticed recently then-
> I was concerned may be some organisational changes going on
>
> Best heartbeats
> PDM
>
> On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 3:54 PM William Waites <wwaites@tardis.ed.ac.uk <mailto:wwaites@tardis.ed.ac.uk>> wrote:
> On 05/22, Paola Di Maio wrote:
> > I have noticed in recent months - but cannot tell how long it has been -
> > tha the domain name of W3C website (previously w3c.org <http://w3c.org/>) has been shifting
> > to w3.org <http://w3.org/>
>
> Dear Paola,
>
> It looks like it's been going on for a little while:
>
>     https://web.archive.org/web/19961227091242/http://www19.w3.org/ <https://web.archive.org/web/19961227091242/http://www19.w3.org/>
>     https://web.archive.org/web/19971015012022/http://www19.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-philosophy/ <https://web.archive.org/web/19971015012022/http://www19.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-philosophy/>
>
> The web site has undergone a little bit of a redesign:
>
>     https://web.archive.org/web/19990422190841/http://www.w3.org/ <https://web.archive.org/web/19990422190841/http://www.w3.org/>
>
> Best wishes,
>
> William Waites | wwaites@inf.ed.ac.uk <mailto:wwaites@inf.ed.ac.uk>
> Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science
> School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/ <http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/>
mobile: +31-641044153