domain change to w3.org?

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 11:31:45 +0800
To: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
 I have noticed in recent months - but cannot tell how long it has been -
tha the domain name
of W3C website (previously w3c.org) has been shifting to w3.org
Have seen no public statements nor press releases, but a domain change
generally
has administrative implications, like in the case of mergers and
acquisitions etc

Could someone kindly inform what kind of organisational shifts
may W3C going through?

On a related note, I have been trying to propose AIKR CG meeting at TPAC
(that would be my first TPAC attendance) but it is not clear why I am not
receiving responses

The W3C  is the heart of the web, does it need defibrillating?

Cheers

PDM