Re: Solomon''s curse and search Bias

Sherman and Thomas P
thanks a lot for sharing your search journey with friendly narrative and
about this project. Looks really neat!

I am still thinking about the need to carry ot some structured data search
on open web via  general search engines tho.  I hope Google may consider
adopting your architecture or at least some of these ideas which in
principe work at least within a closed data set,

Thomas P

2. Tagging information by area/topic/etc is infernally hard as a general

thing, and all search engines like Google's have to go on is the URL and

text of a web page.  It's hard for people, and it's a lot harder to

figure out how to write software to do it.  No wonder we don't have it yet.

Tagging is one way, but there are other approaches-
i view this not as a software problem, but way the results of the search
algo is
Ășnsorted, rather than logically sorted and contextualized

 I read so many papers about context search.
why is that not happening?

I am not sure this is a technology problem at all, but a serivce design
issue,

I dont think there is any technical obstacle to returning sorted results
according
to some logical search criteria

PDM
So it's partly a user interface issue, but more deeply it's just really
hard.