Re: Deep Fakes, Phishing & Epistemological War - how we can help combat these.

On 6/4/19 4:37 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> Deep fakes are produced by new technological breakthroughs that allows one to
> realistically create live videos of real people, to make them say whatever one
> wants them to say with the right tone of voice too. There is no turning back
> this technology, and this will bring us back to a pre-photographic world,
> where trust in the coherence and authorship of a story is all we have to go
> by for believability.

Good topic!   I wonder if blockchain could help somehow, to make a
recording undeniable.  Blockchain should be able to anchor a recording
to a particular time range, and also to a particular person (or key
owner).  I wonder if it could also be used to anchor a recording to a
particular location somehow.

I'm just musing here.  Others might have clearer ideas about how to do this.

David Booth