Re: Blank Nodes Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

From: Thomas Passin <tpassin@tompassin.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:20:45 -0500
To: semantic-web@w3.org
On 11/27/2018 4:31 PM, Dave Raggett wrote:

>> On 27 Nov 2018, at 18:00, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us
>> <mailto:phayes@ihmc.us>> wrote:
>>
>> On the other hand, understanding how RDF relates to OO programming
>> boggles my imagination.
>
> This is the basis for the Web of Things :-)
>
> RDF as the basis for a) semantic descriptions of the kinds of things and
> their relationships to each other and to the context in which they
> reside, and b) describing software objects that applications can
> interact with locally independent of where the actual thing is or the
> means to communicate with it.

Here's how I look at it.  OO programming lends itself to box-and-line
diagrams, and they help understanding.  RDF *is* all about
boxes-and-lines (to oversimplify!). If you are going to have some
language, some data model, for capturing and talking about your
programming things, why wouldn't you want one that is a standard instead
of proprietary?  RDF as a DSL!

Tom P