Re: ✅ Literals as subjects Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

From: Christian Chiarcos <christian.chiarcos@web.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 18:19:34 +0100
To: juergen.jakobitsch@semantic-web.com
Cc: wwaites@tardis.ed.ac.uk, Hugh Glaser <hugh@glasers.org>, dsr@w3.org, aaa@bzfx.net, phayes@ihmc.us, timbl@w3.org, david@dbooth.org, SW-forum <semantic-web@w3.org>, danbri@google.com, sean@miscoranda.com, olaf.hartig@liu.se, axel@polleres.net
Am Mo., 26. Nov. 2018 um 16:15 Uhr schrieb Jürgen Jakobitsch <
juergen.jakobitsch@semantic-web.com>:

> honestly, if those guys [1] get by without literals as subject, i think
> everybody should :-)

In fact, we get by, except that we have issues when comparing strings
without or with different language tags for the same language ;) That
doesn't require literal subjects, though, nor a novel or more verbose
notation, but only a difference in the internal handling of language codes.
But this is a different thread.

[1] http://linguistic-lod.org/llod-cloud

Best,
Christian