Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

I could scream, even at you, David, bit of time on this stuff.

To me it seems there are three major forces, one from your day-to-day
coder, another from the folks at big companies, another from the folks that
think about it.

15, nay, might be 20 years on for me, I really like this representation.

I'll grant timbl, on top of Web, just a fairly good way of putting data on
the Web. So far we probably agree.

We have JSON. Works in all languages. But, IMHO, is like punched tape. Does
not connect. Bit grunty machine.
Local answers, but not connectivity.

How do you reduce RDF?
The only real thing it has going for it is that you call things by URIs
a logic that fits with the Web
I'm not a mathematician, find the little shapes to say, yeah - this is
connected to that.

In a past life I had to do SQL database stuff, it was fun, internally.

I'm missing the point I wanted to make though.
It doesn't matter what is good or whatever, you still have a majority of
coders that are just doing things to solve the immediate problem. Long way
from big picture. Some PHP commercial site.

lots more where this came from, need a drink now.

love,
Danny.

--
----