From: Paola Di Maio<mailto:paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 9:59 PM
Cc: public-aikr@w3.org<mailto:public-aikr@w3.org>; semantic-web at W3C<mailto:semantic-web@w3c.org>
Subject: Re: Toward a web standard for XAI?

Dear Adam
thanks and sorry for taking time to reply.
Indeed triggered some thinking
In the process of doing so,irealised whatever we come up with has to match the web stack, and then realised that we do not have a stack for the distributed web yet, as such
Is this what you are thinking, Adam Sobieski, please share more
sounds like in the right direction
PDM

Artificial intelligence and machine learning systems could produce explanation and/or argumentation [1].

Deep learning models can be assembled by interconnecting components [2][3]. Sets of interconnected components can become interconnectable composite components. XAI [4] approaches should work for deep learning models assembled by interconnecting components. We can envision explanations and arguments, or generators for such, forming as deep learning models are assembled from components.

What do you think about XAI and deep learning models assembled by interconnecting components?

Best regards,
Adam Sobieski
http://www.phoster.com/contents/

[1] https://www.w3.org/community/argumentation/