Re: Newsletter & Call for Papers WebSci'18

So you are saying that all this is possible for HTML5.

Someone then needs to put together a description of how all it works, and
build a checker that an HTML5 document meets the requirements of some
particular publishing format, and show that these self-contained documents
render correctly on different platforms, even platforms with limited
resources, and also render correctly when printed, all without requiring any
remote resources.  And there has to be some assurance that this will continue
to be the case.  That is the minimum needed to show that HTML5 can be used for
scholarly publishing.

But that's not sufficient for HTML5 to be selected as the distribution
mechanism any time soon.  There also needs to be a way to turn the output of
current popular content creation systems, particularly those using LaTeX and
Word, into HTML5.  Alternatively, these systems need to be supplanted in use
by new systems.

peter