Re: http-range-14 and other painful questions...

Some other ideas of things that could be explained:

   - a clear explanation of the relation between the semantic-web logico-mathematical
   model of RDF, and the linked data usage
   - a model of how contexts fit into the current RDF/Linked Data space (not sure
  if I can get that far).

> On 19 Dec 2018, at 07:15, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 13:36, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         I am writing a thesis with the hope of going beyond
> Roy Fielding's famous thesis by developing a mathematical
> theory of the web based on category theory, game theory
> and modal logic that would allow me to answer a number
> of outstanding questions such as http-range-14. [1]
>
> Are there other issues of the sort that I could use
> as examples to show the usefulness of such a theory?
>
> My understanding of the issue was that hr14 was painful in the same way that pointers are painful in C.
>
> ie in C pointers point to data when dereferenced
>
> on the web URLs (UDIs?) point to documents which are dereferenced
>
> in both cases data structures are returned
>
> in both cases they are generally considered to be a source of confusion to programmers (maybe that's just the nature of pointers?)
>
> in both cases you can actually reuse the pointers themselves e.g. with pointer arithmetic, but it's not really considered a best practice
>
> is that roughly correct?

There is something to that way of thinking. Of course the point of this thread is not to
re-open the discussion here, but to locate issuesrather to provide a convincing mathematical model
that would end the conversation on this topic on a good note, rather than on the exhausted
one I think it ended on :-)