Re: rdf.stackexchange.com -- Identity problems numbers 3 and 5 - was Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

> On 11 Dec 2018, at 14:07, Hugh Glaser <hugh@glasers.org> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> I think that's why I forgot about Quora, even though it has some great questions and answers - I don't join places that feel like bait'n'switch, or even simply require login to see answers.
>
> There is another issue.
> I think that Quora is probably a silo, etc..
> So I  wonder about the ability to get the archive.
>
> We do want a place where I could download all the stuff, if the site goes belly-up; or I may want to RDFize it and republish it as Linked Data, for example.
> I think stackoverlfow/exchange fits that bill, (cc-by-sa 3.0)
> https://archive.org/details/stackexchange

Actually I think there is a place for both (sidestepping intellectual property issues).
Sometimes one wants to ask open ended questions, and those tend not to be very
well dealt with by Stack Exchange, in part because it has a game of the person asking
the question voting on the answer she prefers (and there being only one), and also
because it is not really designed for discussions. Which is why it is great for
technical questions. I am looking at how that works on the philosophy SE now....
"What is the order of questions?"
https://philosophy.stackexchange.com/questions/57818/what-is-the-order-of-questions )

One should gather all the different forums and their pros and cons, and then
SE Web Data (or whatever name sticks) could redirect people who ask more
general questions to a site more apt to answering them, which would be a lot
more elegant than just closing a question, as I have myself experienced.

Currently I am struggling with the question of scope of a Web Data SE site
should be.
"Should Web Data be enlarged to cover all W3C and perhaps IETF standards?"
https://area51.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/28395/should-web-data-be-enlarged-to-cover-all-w3c-and-perhaps-even-ietf-standards