Re: Mad idea: Programming language based on RDF

I've been working on a RDF-based programming language during my PhD.

My approach [1,2,3] was a dataflow language (having both an RDF-based and a
visual representation), in which the operators are defined through SPARQL
queries.
By permitting recursion (cyclic pipelines) you can have turing completeness.
By having as inputs both static RDF graphs, temporal RDF graphs, and RDF
streams, you can have responsive applications, in a flavour similar to
continuous queries on temporal databases.
Furthermore, by employing a notion of (local, in my case) state you can
represent interactive applications.

In that work I used an RDF-based representation of SPARQL, namely
SPIN-SPARQL [4], that is based on the abstract syntax tree.
Later I decided to explore an RDF representation of SPARQL algebra, more
useful for query rewriting [5].

In the related work of [2,3] you can find references to previous related
work, including some other RDF-based programming languages.

Best regards,
Miguel

[1] http://swows.org/
[2] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvlc.2014.10.027