Standard response to delete queries in SPARQL

From: justin mchugh <theamazingnull@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:56:27 +0000
To: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi,

I have been writing some code that abstracts the behavior of triple stores to make it easier for users who do not understand sparql to take advantage of triple stores. Mostly, I have used openlink Virtuoso as the underlying store and am interacting with it over http/https.

I am at the point where I find the need to wrap deletions. I have looked but am unable to find a standardized response in the SPARQL docs that is returned when executing a delete query. The SPARQL docs give descriptions of the state of the data before and after but no expected response.

Virtuoso responds with:

“Delete from <graph name>, 0 triples – nothing to do”

alternately, it may respond with a count. This does not seem like a standard message. Is there a standard I can expect to parse or will this differ from implementation to implementation?

Thanks,
Justin McHugh
Computer Scientist @ GE Global Research