Re: Is there a name for this one weird trick?

Not sure if this helps... but OWL can define a notion of a singleton class -
e.g. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2014Nov/0100.html.

I understand this is sometimes used for modelling specific-values in OWL or
Description Logic domain descriptions.

Or maybe what you describe is simply a cardinality constraint:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-owl2-primer-20121211/#Property_Cardinality_Restrictions

#g