Re: RDF/XML syntax for quads

I'm with the others who recognize RDF/XML as a fine specification for
what it does, while recognizing there is much it isn't good at.

I also believe both the XML and RDF communities are sorely lacking a
good standard way to exchange graph models in XML. It's not as if this
is a new problem. XML is strongly biased toward hierarchical structures,
but has always had referencing features to enable graph representation.

The STEP community, ISO 10303, long ago standardized ways of exchanging
graph data structures both in plain ASCII records (10303-21) and later
in XML (10303-28). The latter specification could, I think, be used as a
model for another XML RDF syntax. ISO 10303-28 includes both an
early-binding form, which creates a model-specific XML element/attribute
vocabulary based on domain entity and attribute names, and a
late-binding form, which uses a standard element/attribute vocabulary
for expressing model-specific graphs.

Regards,
--Paul