Re: Handling multiple rdfs:ranges

Yes, this is one way to think of schema.org ranges.  I have asked whether
something like this was this case, and didn't get any response.

Other meanings for schema.org ranges might be more likely.  For example, one
might consider schema.org ranges to be constraining, i.e., that a property
s:p1 with definition
  s:p1 s:rangeIncludes s:cr .
(and no other s:rangeIncludes triples) constrains valid inputs to have type
triples to s:cr or one of its subclasses for every node that is the value of s:cr.

Which is right?  At one time I was hoping that I could get a public answer,
but it was not to be.

It is definitely not the case that one can just think of schema.org "triples"
as OWL axioms and facts.   The treatment of domains and ranges in schema.org
mean that this simple transformation doesn't work.  Even doing some sort of
closure also doesn't work, because of strings as things.

peter