Re: RDB structure to RDF mapping

On Mon, 2016-04-18 at 17:25 +0200, Alessandro Seganti wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I want to formalize in RDF the table structure of a relational
> database. What I would like to do is to formalize the links that
> exists between all the tables inside a given relational database. This
> would result in a graph where the nodes are the tables and the links
> are the columns that can be used to join these tables.
>

> My question is: is there some standard/ontology to describe this?
>

> To my understanding the R2RML ontology is to describe mappings between
> RDB and RDF (no RDB structure is mentioned). I also found a document
> about direct mapping but no ontology is defined in this document.

When the RDB2RDF WG was working I suggested including an RDB ontology.
But it was considered out of scope so nothing of the sort was included
in their final deliverables.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2010Oct/0055.html

My work didn't (and doesn't) involve RDBMS deeply enough to pursue this,
so I don't know how valuable this would be for practical tasks.

Regards,
--Paul