Re: Advancing the DBpedia ontology

Sure, the data and the ontology have to line up.

However, just because all the windmills in Wikipedia happen to be buildings
doesn't mean that windmill should be subcategory of building in DBpedia.
Similarly, if the DBpedia class Church is a subcategory of buildings then
there is pressure to consider a church to be a building.

Some of this is just (the perjorative sense of) semantics.  What is wrong
with defining Church to be a building that is also a place of Christian
worship?  That's why I suggested that DBpedia classes be tied to Wikipedia
articles.  (Wikipedia does identify churches with buildings, but at least
using this the informal definition of a church would let DBpedia
contributors know what a DBpedia church should be.)

peter