Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] [Dbpedia-ontology] Advancing the DBpedia ontology

I agree with Aaron and this the reason we started this effort. Even a small
improvement in quality through the ontology could have a big impact.
Improving the ontology should be an iterative process that will take into
account both the data and the mappings. However, some decisions/actions can
be made independent of the data or the mappings

@John Flynn, all the issues you mention are valid and we are working on a
more formal description of the requirements that will cover at least some
of them
@Mike Bergman, I think everyone agrees that strict schemas do not work well
in crouwdsourced data and we need to define some trade-offs

@all, looks like this thread got too big and too focused on DBpedia. I
suggest we continue the discussion on the dbpedia-discussion /
dbpedia-ontology mailing lists

Best,
Dimitris