From: Cyril Otal [mailto:cyrilo@bookeen.com]
Sent: 07 August 2015 13:06
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Books identifications

Hello

I'd like to know how to identify several resources found in the books world.
Let's take an example :

Let W be a work (like "A Clash of Kings").
Let S a series, including W (like "A Song of Ice and Fire")

W is published by 4 editors : E1, E2, E3 and E4 A simple version by E1 : E1B
E2 publishes it in two tomes : E2B1 and E2B2
E3 publishes it in 3 tomes :  E3B1, E3B2 and E3B3
E4 publishes it with a huge preface : E4B

Suppose there is 2 digital formats, F1 and F2 We can find W in format F1 in one file : F1B We can find W in format F2 in 2 files : F2B1 and F2B2

My question is : how to identify the resources :
- W
- S
- books E1B, E2B1, E2B2, E3B1, E3B2, E3B3, and E4B
- files F1B, F2B1 and F2B2

Where to use ISBN, EAN… ?

Thanks,
Cyril

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.