Re: Updating the VoID spec

On Wednesday 5. August 2015 11.17.41 Phil Archer wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Following the demise of rdfs.org [1] and INSIGHT's statement of intent
> to maintain vocab.deri.ie [2], we need to update the specification
> document at http://www.w3.org/TR/void/
>
> The current version [3] points to the rdfs.org namespace of course.
>
> I've created a GitHub repository for the SWIG [4] and, within that, have
> had a first pass at updating the voID document [5].
>
> The offer remains on the table to host the VoID vocabulary at
> www.w3.org/ns/void. At the time of writing, vocab.deri.ie remains
> unavailable.

Too bad this had to happen, but I suppose this is the only reasonable
option.

> The W3C process for updating the document is pretty simple in this case
> [6]. We just need to make sure that members of this Interest Group -
> i.e. this mailing list - are content with the changes and then Dan, as
> SWIG chair, can call a vote (by e-mail).

+1

One thing I would like to discuss is that there is a large number of open
issues on VoID here:
https://github.com/cygri/void/issues

Should we work to resolve any of them for this update?

> The doc in the GH repo has a suggested date for the new publication of
> 18 August but there's no need to feel tied to that.

Ubuntu has their DebianImportFreeze on 20 August, and I would like to get
my VoID generator in there before that date, since the code remains in
their repository for quite a while, so the question is when I should
update the generator?

Best,

Kjetil