Re: Test of Independent Invention: RDF

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 09:51:32AM -0400, Bob DuCharme wrote:
> On 4/27/2015 5:08 PM, Sampo Syreeni wrote:
> >All of this Semantic Web stuff has existed for a while now. One
> >would expect that there is a company or consortium out there which
> >has made 1-10 million bucks applying technology, which couldn't
> >have been without the Semantic Web.

According to one of the two best talks last year at SemWeb.Pro
http://semweb.pro/talk/3387 the partnership between this lab
https://checksem.u-bourgogne.fr and this company
http://www.active3d.net/ led to a product that manages thousands of
buildings and millions of square meters
http://www.active3d.net/fr/references They said they would have had a
much harder time pulling this off without RDF, OWL, SPARQL and rules.

Disclaimer: I organize SemWeb.Pro, but do not work with any of them.

--
Nicolas Chauvat