RE: Why is there no rdfs:isSuperClassOf?

From: Mark Wallace <mwallace@modusoperandi.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 18:37:51 +0000
To: Niklas Petersen <petersen@cs.uni-bonn.de>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
I would say that it just a case of keeping the vocabulary simple/concise.  It
appears to me that none of the RDFS properties [1] provide an inverse, so
providing them in only a couple of cases would perhaps be considered too
arbitrary, and providing them in all cases would perhaps be considered too
verbose.

Personally, I'm a big fan of concise, so I'm good with it. :-)

Just my 2 cents.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_utilvocab

--
Mark Wallace
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, SEMANTIC APPLICATIONS