From: Niklas Petersen [mailto:petersen@cs.uni-bonn.de]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 2:15 PM
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Why is there no rdfs:isSuperClassOf?

Hello everyone,

when formalizing an ontology, there are moments where I prefer to write:

     :someSuperClass rdfs:isSuperClassOf :someSubClassA , :someSubClassB ,
:someSubClassC .

instead of:

     :someSubClassA rdfs:isSubClassOf :someSuperClass .
     :someSubClassB rdfs:isSubClassOf :someSuperClass .
     :someSubClassC rdfs:isSubClassOf :someSuperClass .

I am aware that I could define it myself using owl:inverseOf, but something
that "important", I feel like it should't be defined in my own namespace. The
same thought also goes with "isSuperPropertyOf".

I see [1] that certain reasoners/species don't allow it, but it isn't
completely forbidden, is it?

http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/2761/define-hassubclass-as-inverseof-subclassof

Best regards,
Niklas Petersen