Re: DBpedia now available as triple pattern fragments

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:38:35 +0100
Cc: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Hydra <public-hydra@w3.org>
To: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Hi Greg,

> I don’t see any mention of doing this in the Triple Pattern Fragments spec.

That's right; we hadn't figured out how we would go about that yet.
The restriction used to be: no blank node in the dataset.
I think we can relax that to: exposes your blank nodes as IRIs.

> Would you consider adding this as a recommendation (“SHOULD”) to the spec, with a description of the problem it solves?

Good idea, tracking this in https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/77.
It should probably even become a MUST;
i.e., blank nodes MUST be mapped to IRIs,
the RDF 1.1 spec SHOULD be followed for this.

Best,

Ruben