Re: How RFC 5988 Link Relation fits Linked Data?

I can't speak for ActivityStreams (glad they sorted that namespace in
later drafts..:) , but in PROV we used Link relations as an
alternative to a triple, expressed in HTTP headers.

In particular we wanted to say prov:has_provenance with the retrieved
resource as a subject.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/NOTE-prov-aq-20130430/#resource-accessed-by-http

S: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
S: Content-type: text/html
S: Link: <http://example.com/resource123/provenance/>;
         rel="http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#has_provenance";
         anchor="http://example.com/resource123/"

as equivalent to:

<> dcterms:title        "Welcome to example.com" ;
   prov:has_anchor       <http://example.com/data/resource.rdf> ;
   prov:has_provenance   <http://example.com/provenance/resource.rdf> .

in http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/NOTE-prov-aq-20130430/#resource-represented-as-rdf

--