Re: Deduced property

OWL, and the underlying logic, are quite different from object oriented
modelling so using terms like "inheritance" can trip you up. Especially
when it comes to property axioms.

In the RDF/OWL way of thinking then a property corresponds to set of
pairs of things that are related by the property. So saying

     :hasParent rdfs:subPropertyOf :hasAncestor

means, and only means, that the set of pairs of things related by
:hasParent is a subset of the set of pairs of things related by
:hasAncestor.

It's sets all the way down :)

Dave