From: Jeremy J Carroll [mailto:jjc@syapse.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 9:33 PM
To: John Walker
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Re: W3C TriX schema issue

Hello

the trix work was done about a decade ago as an informal named graphs task force within the interest group.
The lead on the TriX work, was Patrick Stickler, and I was second fiddle.

I believe Patrick has updated the Nokia version from time to time, but he is no longer with Nokia, and so I would be surprised if we can expect further change there (except, maybe, for the eventual 404-ing of the schema: my understanding is that it is no longer playing into their business imperatives)

In terms of whom to petition, as a SWIG artifact, it is up to this group to do something - and the IG chair (who I believe is still Dan Brickley) is likely to be happy for participants from W3C members (such as yourself) to edit the files in accordance with consensus (lack of opposition) on this list.

My 2c is that given that RDF1.1 seems to be about to permit blank nodes as graph names, then an update to trix should do so as well, and allowing a single unnamed default graph also seems like an improvement.

Jeremy J Carroll
Principal Architect
Syapse, Inc.