Re: last call SWJ SI SWI accepting late submissions

Milton

without having consulted with co-editors, off the top of my head-

end of august or so-
the publication is expected around 1st quarter 2014, so anything that gets
accepted and reviewed in time for that can be considered for inclusion even
if submitted later, give 3-4 months for a review cycle
(if not, may also be considered for the standard journal later)

my personal inclination is to keep the press open til very close to
publication date to maximise quality and quantity of the submissions,  even
if the publication date is delayed by a month or two beyond the current
schedule I dont think anyone would notice

the problem is getting competent reviewers really  interested  and
competent in the subject and have a spare cycle

gratitude to them

ultimately we are only responsible to ourselves, and publishing a
meaningful special issue is more important that timeframe, imho

pdm  (personal thoughts entirely)