Re: SW Graphical Notation

From: Silvio Peroni <essepuntato@cs.unibo.it>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 09:26:43 +0200
Cc: "semantic-web@w3.org Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Dear Renato,

> RDF/OWL have well-defined technical encodings (xml, turtle, etc) but there is no such common/accepted representation for a graphical notation.
> That is, a visual representation of an ontology that captures (graphically) all the semantics of RDF/OWL.
>
> I have collected a few examples of various graphical notations here: http://www.w3.org/wiki/SemWebGraphicalNotation

You could be interested in adding Graffoo, the Graphical Framework for OWL Ontologies [1], to your list.

In addition, I'm recently working to extend DiTTO (Diagrams Transformations inTo OWL) [2] in order to manage both E/R diagrams with crows' foot notations (already, even partially, implemented) and Graffoo diagrams, thus having an automatic process to create an OWL ontology from a diagram stored in GraphML format (and created through yEd [3]).

I hope it might help. Have a nice day :-)

S.

[1] - http://www.essepuntato.it/graffoo
[2] - http://www.essepuntato.it/ditto
[3] - http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yed_about.html