Re: annotations and RDF

Hi David,

(And cc'ing the Open Annotation list as well)

Yes that looks fine.  If the annotation is about the citation, rather
than the paper, then it should definitely target a resource that
identifies the citation.  I don't want to comment on the use of Named
Graphs (see [2]) for the citation, that's your field :), but the
annotation modeling looks okay other than the use of dc:description
(see [1]).

The minimally different Open Annotation version would be:

_:anno1 a oa:Annotation ;
  oa:hasBody _:commentOnCitation ;
  oa:hasTarget <uri-for-citation-resource> ;
  oa:motivatedBy oa:commenting .

_:commentOnCitation a cnt:ContentAsText ;
  cnt:chars "I'm citing that paper because it initiated this whole
field of research" .

A multi-class solution to reuse your fabio:Comment class might be:

_:commentOnCitation a cnt:ContentAsText, fabio:Comment ;
  cnt:chars "..." ;
  dc:description "..." .

The relevant parts of the spec are:
[1] http://openannotation.org/spec/core/core.html#BodyEmbed