Re: New Hewlett Packard patent may be a barrier to Semantic Web services adoption

Hi all,
Just a quick update - USPTO had open office hours here at the NYU-Poly
Incubator. They verified that askpatents should be used by the community to
show more prior art.

http://patents.stackexchange.com/questions/4668/semantic-web-policy-enforcement-hewlett-packard-issued-patent-prior-art

They will also introduce me to the Office of Patent Legal Administration
(OPLA) to let us know the process/next steps.

They said that we don't need an army of lawyers, but they did say that the
community should try to monitor patent filings before they are granted as
its much easier to stop overbroad patents (Joel Spolky's 15-minutes) before
they're granted.

Best,
Joel

Think Different! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_different#Text)