Re: New Hewlett Packard patent may be a barrier to Semantic Web services adoption

From: Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:15:20 -0400
Cc: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>, public-lod@w3.org
To: Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com>
Hi,
As people on these lists are contributors to Notes and Recommendations on technologies & best practices on the SW, I think this discussion is relevant to the list members.

FWIW, I don't track patents-specific lists at all so unless I saw it here, I wouldn't have known about HP's patent on titled "Policy Enforcement" on policy decision point and an adaptive grid.  Thanks Martin.

Cheers,
Bernadette Hyland