Re: My best practices for Ontology versioning for http://nlp2rdf.org, was Re: Versioning system for ontologies

Dear Sebastian,
This statement:
"When you publish ontologies without data, you can use '#' . However, if
you want to query instances via Linked Data in a database, you have to use
'/' as DBpedia does for classes: http://dbpedia.org/ontology/PopulatedPlace"

is not correct. You can use "#" to query instances via Linked Data
databases. That is just the URI of the type. In fact if DBpedia had chosen

"http://dbpedia.org/ontology#PopulatedPlace<http://dbpedia.org/ontology/PopulatedPlace>"
instead of its current URI it would still be fine. It doesn't affect the
query.

I'm not going to enter in the debate of "# vs /", but normally it is a
design decission that has to do more with the size of vocabularies than the
instances.

Best,
Daniel