From: Dan Brickley [mailto:danbri@danbri.org]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:57 PM
To: gouadjed@eoweo.com
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: Wiki space for SWIG collaboration Re: Semantic Web for the Film Industry

On 12 March 2012 15:45, Ghalem Ouadjed (EOWEO) <gouadjed@eoweo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> so do i. Working also on this kind of project but with a french language
> strong restriction area and i will not explain why so there...:)
> I think a wiki could be a nice method but why not a drupal content solution?

Re wiki, SWIG members (that's us...) are welcome to use W3C's main
Wiki, http://www.w3.org/wiki/

In fact, it evolved from the old ESW that we set up during the
original SWAD-Europe and SWAD projects, ages ago. So you'll find a lot
of SemWeb notes in there already. For more recent example, the Web
Schemas Task Force wiki pages are all in there, see
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas  and nearby. It's quite a nice
system --- you can use hierarchical URLs to keep things together, and
mediawiki templates. In recent weeks I've been using
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgProposals to keep track
of proposals for schema.org that are being discussed over in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/

As part of this, we got an extension added to the wiki for posting
markup examples; e.g. see
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Singularity#RDFa_impact ... this is
really handy!

Also templates are quite easy and let you create simple mini-sites.
For each Wiki entry that is about a schema.org proposal, I put this in
the top of the page:

{{Template:SchemaDotOrgProposal|name=Singularity|status=Accepted}}

...this imports markup and fills out the template based on the content
in http://www.w3.org/wiki/Template:SchemaDotOrgProposal

In this particular case, the template text is:

3px;">''This is a [[WebSchemas]] proposal '{{{name}}}'  for
[http://schema.org/ schema.org]. See
[[WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgProposals|Proposals listing]] for more.
[[Category:WebSchemas]]
[[Category:WebSchemaProposals]]

...this should be reasonably self-explanatory: parameters contain
values like 'name', 'status'. And the template also adds some relevant
categories too.

I've nothing against Drupal, but there's a lot to be said for keeping
notes close to other relate discussions, and a Wiki (especially an
area of a larger wiki rather than a separate installation) has many
benefits there.

Hope this helps,

cheers,

Dan