Re: Call for proposals to amend the "httpRange-14 resolution"

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:44:41 -0500
To: Tim Bannister <isoma@jellybaby.net>
Cc: SWIG Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Tim,

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 19:54 +0000, Tim Bannister wrote:
[ . . . ]
> In 2002, the Link: header was nonstandard. Now thanks to RFC5988 we
> have a Link: header and thanks to POWDER we have "describedby". I
> recommend this as the official mechanism; use of 303 can be documented
> as existing practice that implementors should know about.

Do you mean that you recommend deprecating the use of 303?

And do you mean that you think the Link header should supersede the
implicit URI definition of the resource as being an information
resource, if 200 HTTP response code is received?  FYI, in response to
your comment I've added another issue for the latter question:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/UriDefinitionDiscoveryProtocol#3.2.1.1_Link_header

Section 3.2.1 describes the Link header exactly that way:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/UriDefinitionDiscoveryProtocol

Thanks

--
David Booth, Ph.D.