Re: White Spaces in xsd:hexBinary

On 16 Jan 2012, at 17:40, Dave Reynolds wrote:

> That regex and the associated EBF seems unambiguous to me, no spaces
> between hexOctets. I see no wriggle room :)

yes, I'd like to know why it is defined like that, and if that needs to be constraining on formats such as RDF that have other restrictions such as only allowing one binary to appear in an xsd:hexBinary string. After all the RDF version could say: we concatenate all binaries into one big binary, since that is the only interpretation that could be meant by someone who had entered white spaces.

I wrote their group an e-mail to check

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/2012JanMar/0011.html

Henry

> Dave