Re: [topicmapmail] Business Applications

Hi,

I've been reading all of the comments and I'm taking note of all of them
because they all seem very valuable to me. I'm verry thankful really.

I agree in that there is some kind of solitaire fashion that one feels like
when coming to this at first. And I also think that maybe I seem a little
'universal' in the needs/features I would like to implement and address
too. And also that it would seem very unrealistic to come 'from the ground
up' with a tool that addresses everything.

So, I'm trying to narrow a little the scope and try to reflect this into an
updated document. It only adds a section named 'Application Model' in
respect to the first but if I'm making my point there, a general purpose
tool can be thought as a layer that is useful when someone tells it what to
do (quite like a traditional RDBMS or framework or programming language).
So, its it could be understood that there be models narrowing this
'universality' but without losing the benefits of a layer of semantics for
future integration, merging and maybe interoperability of 'semantic
application instances'.

https://cognescent.googlecode.com/files/Brochure2.pdf

I also would like to implement this in Java, so I'm describing the initial
layout of packages and their functionalities into the Google Code hosted
project repository, in a document named 'packages.txt':

https://code.google.com/p/cognescent/source/browse/trunk/Cognescent/src/packages.txt

It is far from being more than a draft specification of components and
their features. It reflects the partitioning of the proposed software model
and where and what could be done. My actual coding time is not much and I'm
doing this alone. Whenever updates become available they'll be published.
It would be also greatly appreciated if someone can help somehow in the
creation of a development team for this project.

Thanks in advance!
Sebastian.