Re: Business Applications

Hey Sebastian,

I've been building semantic webapps for a while, and Graphity Linked
Data Platform allows doing just that.

Take a look at Graphity Browser [1] -- it is a generic Linked Data
browser, implemented as a Java web application using Graphity.

The MVC design pattern is basically still valid:
M - no object model is needed as such, only an RDF datasource and
RDF-level API (Jena). This enables the generic-ness.
V - view consists of SPARQL queries that select the necessary
resources (they are defined in a local ontology using SPIN API [2])
and XSLT stylesheets that render the resulting RDF/XML into XHTML or
whatever output format is necessary
C - controller is based on JAX-RS (RESTful API for Java [3]) and
combines the above components into a very lean request-to-response
workflow

More extensive description of this generic design approach (though
based on the initial PHP version) can be found in our LEDP workshop
submission [4].
Feel free to contact me for more information.

[1] https://github.com/Graphity/graphity-browser
[2] http://topbraid.org/spin/api/
[3] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=311
[4] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/ledp2011_submission_1.pdf