Re: relational data as a bona fide member of the SM

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>wrote:

> Describing correctly lists requires a non-first order language (you need
> fix-points, for that matter). RDF has a classical first-order semantics, so
> there is no way to correctly capture them.

I am not suggesting to extend RDF. I am just interested to understand why
things are this way
in RDF and what may be done better in the emerging KRs like RIF. Re fixed
points: I actually mentioned the ML data model in the beginning of this
thread :-)

--e.