Re: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

From: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 19:14:04 -0400
To: Marco Neumann <marco.neumann@gmail.com>
Cc: Melanie Courtot <mcourtot@gmail.com>, Michael F Uschold <uschold@gmail.com>, Ryan Kohl <ryanckohl@gmail.com>, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

> But this does not meet Glenn's call for randomness I believe.

I didn't call for randomness, just for clean separation of the machine
identifiers from the human names.

> Furthermore the OBI URIs are resolvable (thank you! very much appropriated
> :-), something that Glenn currently does not consider for his
> implementations but that's a separate conversation.

We're not really talking about my system, which isn't implemented in RDF,
but even if we were, my "identifiers" are local/relative IDs, so combined
with a base URI they're totally "resolvable".

glenn