Re: GoodRelations Light

Hi Bob:

gr:name and gr:description are Google-specific. If you use dc:title / dc:description or rdfs:label / rdfs:comment, your data may not be included in Google Rich Snippets. You can easily use multiple properties for the same literals, of course or define a SPARQL CONSTRUCT rule or a mapping via owl:subPropertyOf.

The motivation for gr:name and gr:description was that Google prefers a minimal number of namespace declarations, and foaf:page and foaf:depiction were more important for me at that point, so I sacrificed on the textual properties. Also, for E-Commerce applications, it may make sense to have a specific GoodRelations property for textual elements.

Design tasks get pretty complex if one has to take into account the

- ease of markup and
- the ecosystem of Web-scale search engines.

;-)

Martin