Re: Indicating Skolem Nodes (was Re: AW: {Disarmed} Re: blank nodes (once again))

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:

> Oh well, that is a relief. But now, purely as a matter of terminology, how do we describe the distinction (between he URis which require a 303 and those that don't, the ones that used to be URIrefs) using the terminology of 3986? They are all URIs, but some need a 303 while others escape this silliness. And those are...what?
>
> Pat

We have the folksy "slash URI", and lately I've been saying "hashless
URI", but I just looked in http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt  and
found the following, which might do the trick:

4.3.  Absolute URI

   Some protocol elements allow only the absolute form of a URI without
   a fragment identifier.  For example, defining a base URI for later
   use by relative references calls for an absolute-URI syntax rule that
   does not allow a fragment.

      absolute-URI  = scheme ":" hier-part [ "?" query ]

Best
Jonathan