Generic 303 redirect rules (was Indicating Skolem Nodes ...)

[Branching from thread "Indicating Skolem Nodes (was Re: AW:
{Disarmed} Re: blank nodes (once again))"]

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:
>  I keep meaning to define a way
> to avoid the extra round-trips by having hosts publish their redirect
> rules.    Given that, they wouldn't be too bad....

Me too - I said pretty much the same thing last summer:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2010/07/new_opportunities_for_linked_d.html

I'd be happy to talk about how to bring about consensus on the method
for publishing these rules. The obvious method is using the
link-template feature of /.well-known/host-meta/. The author of the
host-meta internet-draft tells me he's going to work to advance it to
RFC, so that would save us the trouble of registering our own
.well-known entry. Then we'd just have to choose a link relation to
use for the purpose, and we're done.

Jonathan