Re: AW: {Disarmed} Re: blank nodes (once again)

At 16:32 24.03.2011, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Sandro Hawke
><<mailto:sandro@w3.org>sandro@w3.org> wrote:
>
>I don't know of real data about this, and I may not be representative,
>but I know when I write RDF by hand, and when I write software which
>constructs RDF, I often find it easier to use blank nodes than to think
>about what to name every item referred to in my content.
>

>+1
>
>There are lots of places where no name is preferable to a name that
>may mislead or confuse, or the clutter of lots of UUIDs.
>
>-g

Yes, but for this you do not need existential quantified variables.
You need a syntactical mechanism to provide you do-note-care-names.
See [1] G. Yang and M. Kifer: Reasoning about Anonymous Resources
and Meta Statements on the Semantic Web, J. Data Semantics, 2003: 69~97.

--
Dieter Fensel
Director STI Innsbruck, University of Innsbruck, Austria