From: semantic-web-request@w3.org on behalf of Peter Krantz
Sent: Thu 24/03/2011 17:46
To: Semantic Web
Subject: Status of SAWSDL and standards for semantic models?

Hi!

I am interested in knowing more about the current state of Semantic
Annotations for WSDL and XML Schema (SAWSDL [1]). The approach seems
lightweight and builds a bridge between "regular" web
services/XML-schemas and semantic models. One of the benefits is that
it creates an unambiguous link between e.g. a schema element and its
definition.

Does anybody use SAWSDL today?

SAWSDL does not seem to require a specific language for the semantic
model. Apart from OWL, what other model languages could be used to
express the model?

Regards,

Peter

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/sawsdl/