Re: AW: {Disarmed} Re: blank nodes (once again)

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:51:56 -0400
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>, Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>, Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>, Enrico Franconi <franconi@inf.unibz.it>, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Mark Wallace <mwallace@modusoperandi.com>, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachmann@trialox.org>, Ivan Shmakov <oneingray@gmail.com>, Ivan Shmakov <ivan@main.uusia.org>, "<semantic-web@w3.org>" <semantic-web@w3.org>, Chimezie Ogbuji <chimezie@gmail.com>
On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 11:13 -0400, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 09:45 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:
> > [ . . . ] They would be very happy with RDF engines which flag blank
> nodes as errors or (better) automatically skolemize them.
>
> I think there's a whole lot to be said for automatically Skolemizing
> them.   To do it well requires some work, but I think it's feasible for
> many kinds of deployment.

+1

There was some discussion of this at the RDF Next Steps Workshop,
http://tinyurl.com/4pfkz55
but the final W3C decision was not to include this in the current RDF
Working Group charter.  However, interested parties could independently
write up something to propose as a W3C Member Submission.  Chimezie
Ogbuji and I discussed this a bit at the Cleveland Clinic.  I, for one,
would have some interest in this.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/