Re: ANN: Spark library for visualizing the Semantic Web (dev preview)

Good stuff Denny.

It reminds me of the work of colleagues, back in 2008 [1] (they did not
go further than a small prototype, but I think it's usable).

Also, I like the example with the 20 largest cities by population and
their state. Zirkow in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is by fat the most
populated city in the world with 2,147,483,647 inhabitants!
In fact, this is certainly a bug in the dbpedia extraction tool. It
apparently maps the attributes Einwohner in the Infobox "German
location" to population, but it seems this attribute is not used "as
is". See for instance the source of Windeck:

|Einwohner         = 2000995

which corresponds to the population given by dbpedia.
For Zirkow, there is:

|Einwohner         = 710<!-- Bitte nicht per Hand aktualisieren:
[[Wikipedia:WikiProjekt_Kommunen_und_Landkreise_in_Deutschland/Einwohnerzahlen]]
-->

which seems to indicate that the population is updated automatically (I
don't understand the MediaWiki template language).

[1] Faisal Alkhateeb and Sébastien Laborie. Towards extending and using
SPARQL for modular document generation. ACM Symposium on Document
Engineering 2008: p164-172.
Slides:
http://www.inrialpes.fr/exmo/people/laborie/Presentation/DocEng08-Laborie.pdf

--