Re: Schema.org

Very interesting, but why only microdata? Where is the old good RDFa?

Then, they say:
"For example, <h1>Avatar</h1> tells the browser to display the text
string "Avatar" in a heading 1 format. However, the HTML tag doesn't
give any information about what that text string means---"Avatar" could
refer to the a hugely successful 3D movie, or it could refer to a type
of profile picture"

Well, actually schema.org doesn't solve this issue: let's consider
another example similar to the previous one:
"For example, <h1>London</h1> tells the browser to display the text
string "London" in a heading 1 format. However, the Schema.org/City
'class' doesn't give any information about which city the string refers
to---"London" could refer to at least 25 different cities all over the
world".

On the contrary with RDFa, you could specify, e.g., something like:
to refer to the capital to the UK.

cheers,
roberto (hoping for a real semantic web search in the future)

--
Roberto Mirizzi
http://sisinflab.poliba.it/mirizzi