First mention of Web semantics via typed links in press/interview?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:03:57 +0100
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Just found this,

'''By the "understanding" part I assume you are talking about putting
more machine-understandable semantics into the web.
This will start with typed links -- we have been prototyping a
discussion system for example with the WIT (W3 Interactive Talk)
experiment. This addition of semantics is going to be essential if
computers are to more of the work for us in manipulating this web,
as at the moment it's only people who can read it.'''

... in an old (1994) TimBL interview
http://www.w3.org/History/1994/WWW/Journals/InternetWorld/Interview.txt

Not sure if it was every published elsewhere. It came after the first
webconf plenary talk whose slides at http://www.w3.org/Talks/WWW94Tim/
I'm forever borrowing, and which remain my favourite visualization of
what we're trying to achieve architecturally.

Anyway nice blast from the past, thought it worth sharing.

cheers,

Dan

ps. other Web history bits and pieces are at
http://www.delicious.com/danbri/webhistory (yahoo permitting)

pps. a bit more on WIT is at http://www.w3.org/WIT/User/Overview.html
(although the /Discussion link is sadly broken). IMHO still much more
work to do in that area...